Monday, May 2, 2022

Announcing The Grand ReOpening - Sort of

THEY THOUGHT THEY FOUND SOMETHING, which meant more time out, but it wasn't there.   They think I'm going to live.  I was going to say "sorry" but that would be a lie.  Especially with the hate mail that got left here over the past two weeks. 

I'm working on something to post tomorrow or Wednesday.  I hope to get back to the daily schedule at that time.   I'm out of touch haven't read any news - wasn't online where I was.  I couldn't stand to have their TV on and American radio news mostly stinks.   I loathe NPR as much as I had come to loathe it.  

Though I listened to Toby Laboutillier's "Down Memory Lane" something I used to do weekly but haven't for a while.  He has a somewhat different format now and I made the mistake of leaving it on for the second hour when they start with the top hits for the week in 1962,  I had The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance going through my head for days.   The only person in that movie I had any respect for as an actor was the villain, Lee Marvin who I thought was one of the best Hollywood actors of that generation.  I hated both Jimmy and the Duke and not just because they were Republicans.   

One of my sisters loved them some Gene Pitney and so I got that song indelibly burned into my memory.  I hate that era of pop music even though I do think some of the song writing was better than what came later.  Pop culture is retrogressive, the idea that it's progressive is one of the biggest loads of B.S. there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment