Thursday, November 11, 2021

More Brawl On A Slow Day


RuleofFive
7 minutes ago
 @Anthony McCarthy  
1.  I'm never mentioned the Code of Hammurabi.  I'm not responsible for someone else said to you.  I've read the Bible.  Stop generalizing.  

2.  No we don't know what Homo sapiens were thinking 450,000 years ago.  Thanks for making my point for me.  There wasn't divine inspiration given to them, they weren't handed something written in stone so "god" decided they weren't worth her time?  God couldn't beam a message to them the way Paul got his inspiration?  

Man had to invent stories, the written word and then concoct stories to control others like a religion....which favored the institution of slavery strangely.  If I was suspicious I'd say it was written to reenforce the economic models of the day by some of the educated class.🤔

3. I never said rights are a figment of imagination.  I said god is a figment of your imagination.  Stop putting words in my mouth.  Rights are really a series of agreements in a society just as governments are. They can represent a board group in society or just a favored few.  Atheists have the right to seek public office in 43 states.  We'll need to work on the last seven since christians like to deny others rights.  As I've said rights can be taken away.  Texas closed over 700 polling places since 2014 in an effort to control (read block) minority voting.  That's a government (mostly white christians) chipping away at the rights of others.

4.  Christians represent the Bible as the source of christianity not me.  No one is "whining" about a denial of rights.  There are organizations that fight to gain those rights like the Freedom From Religion Foundation.  I have to laugh when I hear people on Fox News complain about christian oppression  in a country were 78% of the population identifies as christian but will deny rights to atheists.
 

Anthony McCarthy
0 seconds ago
 @RuleofFive    I didn't say you had mentioned it, I was just warning you that I'd read it before you might have been tempted to.   "Stop generalizing"?   on a tread begun by another atheist who said, "Religion poisons everything.   Well, I did say atheists are clueless about what they say.
 
To further prove that, first you agree that we don't know what people thought before they left written records of what they thought then you pretend you know what they thought.  Jeesh, how about you continue to prove my point.

If "people and governments" are the source of rights and, as anyone with a smattering of a knowledge of human history knows, the denial of rights was a continuing and ubiquitous part of that history, denied to people by "people and governments" then before they were magically created by "people and governments" those rights didn't exist.  They had to be a figment of peoples' imaginations, if most Americans don't want to vote for atheists then atheists must not have a right to run for and hold elected office, an example you brought up to whine about even though those archaic laws are not in actual effect.  As to Texas and other would-be apartheid states, one of the greatest forces of resistance to that is to be found in the Black Churches, just about all of the Christian churches, one of the foremost means of the white supremacists rigging elections is preventing the Souls to the Polls practice of those churches.  

The Freedom From Religion foundation is a bunch of meatheads in Madison WI, founded by a bigoted numbskull, run by her daughter and son-in-law, it's a family business, not a civil rights organization. Their greatest effect is probably on helping Republican-fascists to gain office and destroy rights.   

--------------------------

I will add that I have suspected that the FFRF has been the source of a lot of the trolling I've gotten over the years.  They don't have much better to do since they don nothing but shake down suckers and bring stupid lawsuits that discredit the real left.


No comments:

Post a Comment