Friday, August 13, 2021

Satan Get Behind Me - Poly Stunts A Slacker

HOW DO YOU EXPECT me to keep to my August resolution when you wave that cat nip in front of me?   

As he couldn't navigate a measure in 2/2 time with nothing but eight eighth notes in it,  it's clear he couldn't even navigate one of the most common time signatures IN FRIGGIN' POP MUSIC!  I know nothing about the rock drummer you mention or care to but there are few, very few rock drummers who rise to the level of even college level jazz drummers these days.   For anyone who cares, Peter Magadini's book of polyrhythm  exercises is very useful and excellent.  I would recommend going through them using a metronome BEGINNING SLOWLY.   I wish I could get back to teaching.  Maybe I should rent a bigger place so I could teach socially distanced.

Reminds me, I haven't listened to this in a long time:

Dusan Bogdanvic - Polymetric Studies 

 

 


 
Update:  Linked to the wrong youtube.  Here's the one I intended to link to, with the score.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment