Thursday, July 1, 2021

He's Not The Stupidest Troll But He Might Be The Biggest A-Hole Online

WHETHER IT IS DYSLEXIA  or dementia or just parents who let the idiot brat watch too much TV and to not do his homework, I'm not the one who called the song the
"stupidest song ever" that was the request of the man who commissioned the song, Robert Altman an order which the song writer said he could fill:

While “Suicide Is Painless” has dark lyrics, its has a pretty melody. Oddly enough, composer Johnny Mandel told NPR the song was supposed to be stupid. Why? Director Robert Altman wanted it that way.

“‘It should be the stupidest song ever written,'” Mandel recalls Altman saying. “I said, ‘Well, I can do stupid.’ He says, ‘The song should be called ‘Suicide Is Painless.’”

Altman felt his version of the song was insufficient. Mandel recalled “[Altman] said, ‘Ah, but all is not lost. I’ve got a 15-year-old kid who’s a gibbering idiot. He’s got a guitar. He’ll run through this thing like a dose of salts.'” Ultimately, Altman’s teenage son, Mike Altman, earned $1 million from writing the song. Meanwhile, his father only made $700,000 for directing the film.

As for the accusation that I said the song made people commit suicide, that's just Simels' lying about something I didn't say anywhere in the piece I wrote about an hour after hearing the news this morning.  Just to show you the kind of shit I've been dealing with for the past twelve or so years coming out of the self-appointed merry prankster of Duncan Black's blog.  It's been pretty much constant for that time.

2 comments:

  1. Keep lying, you ignorant schmuck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted your comment so people could see it. Unlike at Ducan's, the readers here can read.

      I think you've deserved a time out like the toddler you are.

      Delete