Monday, May 31, 2021

I Knew He'd Lie About The Knock Off Knockers Post That's Why I Bothered To Post It

POST LITERACY would have had to be invented to name what online comment threads are made of.    Eschaton isn't the stupidest example of that, it's just typical.  Not caring if what gets said is true as long as it gratifies the prejudices of those who frequent that place - OCD Is Us! - is a big part of it.  

Updates:  At which of the two or three "Eschacons" was this taken?

 

 Buffalo Butts Photograph by Lucy Bounds

 Update 2:  I never heard of a Teaneck NJ orchestra, I can't find any mention of one online that, as he claims went out of business in the 1960s.  I think the idiot of Teaneck might be mistaking it for the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra which is an ongoing thing and appears to be not bad for a small town orchestra.  Kind of on the same level as the Portland, Me. Symphony.  I'm most impressed with small town orchestras that do first performances of commissioned works and, more impressive than that, later performances of new music.  Stupy's idea of an orchestra is something that plays movie music and pops.  

I'm not interested in responding to that particular lie, though if the status of the law were to change, I'd sue Duncan Black for repeatedly and knowingly carrying it as well as Stupy for telling it.  Needless to say, none of the eejits of Escahton have ever bothered to come here to test the claim.  They don't read much, which is why Duncan doesn't write anything anymore.  His early success spoiled it for him, I never expected to become popular so I don't care if they don't read me.   I suspect I might get more hits on average than Stupy's pop music blog where you can read the same things that were being said by pop music scribblers back in the 1960s.  It's a very economical form, pop criticism, it repeats the same stuff not needing to come up with new material.  Classical Kabuki Theater is more innovative, even those guys who do one role for their entire career have to work with more stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment