Thursday, June 3, 2021

 Please note, I have installed a search window on the side panel because the one that used to appear on a bar at the top of the page seems to keep disappearing on my computer.   You can use it to do a word search for this blog.  Not that I expect it will lead those who troll me to fact check, they don't care about that.

It was part of the amusement of Trump's blog flopping to hear all kinds of people like the rap quoting buttoned-down Ari Melber identify blogs as out of fashion in a world where Twitter took over that function.  Others will tell you that Twitter is old, too. 

I tried being in fashion briefly in my sophomore year of high school, found it was expensive and over-rated and chose to not care about it after that.  I think Trump's blog flopping as his Twittering succeeded is because Twitter is an intrinsically superficial format, I've seldom seen anything worthwhile on it that didn't require the equivalent of an article or blog post to back it up.   I think it's telling that Trump on Twitter was dangerous, Trump the blogger is an impotent flop.  It's the difference between needing to provide substance or at least being able to and being able to get by with triggering emotions without content.  I never learned much of anything reliable from watching a TV commercial, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment