Saturday, March 20, 2021

Storm Warning

I WAS talking with one of my siblings about the time our father gave up coffee for Lent and got so grouchy that our mother forbade him from ever going without coffee again.  She said the same thing to me when I talked about giving it up during a period of low income, she insisted on buying my coffee for me to tide me over. 

My sibling told me something I didn't know, that it was a pact my father and the parish priest made that Lent and that my mother wasn't the only one who didn't want to put up with the results,  a number of parishioners told the priest to never try it again.   As he was one of the most popular priests in the history of the parish, a really nice and jolly guy,  the change must have had to get really bad.  

Going Holy Week and Easter Week without answering hate mail is going to be a real strain for me but at least you won't have to put up with the withdrawal.  At least I've got coffee now.

No comments:

Post a Comment