Saturday, February 27, 2021

Hate Mail

IT'S pretty hilarious having the accusation that you think you're smart being thrown at you by an atheist-materialist devotee of scientism because if there's one attribute that binds the members of that tribe together it is the assertion that they're the biggest smarty-pants of all times, going 4XXXXXXXL. . . in that sizing system.   Having one make that accusation against someone else is the best joke I've heard this week, the second best one being so blue as to not be appropriate for Lent.

I don't think think about it.  If it's true it's nothing I achieved by hard work and dint of effort so it's nothing I can take credit for.  People used to ask me how I learned to speak French in high school, something that's a mystery to me because it wasn't by constant practice and application.  I think I just must have had a knack for it like "good spellers" have for spelling, the difference is that I'm not stuck up about it and I don't look down on people who don't know a second language.  Not unless they monoglotally diss Esperanto while so unabled. 

It was contemplating the evil of the no doubt very smart Henry Kissinger that I came to the conclusion that there are many, many very smart people the world would be better off without, it was thinking about others who no one would consider to be very smart that the corollary to that finished the thought - that there are no good people the world would be better off without.  I have never been that impressed with intelligence ever since figuring the first one out sometime in the 1970s.   I don't think I was ever very impressed with my own.

Intelligence is only good if it is guided by goodness for good ends, without that it is everything to despise and fear.  Intelligence guided by selfishness and arrogance will probably be what gets us killed, not a little of that intelligence in the form of scientific, engineering and business acumen.  The only hope we have is goodness, with that constantly applied even a lack of knowledge might not matter, we just might make it by the skin of our teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment