Friday, March 27, 2020

One of my nieces who works in a health care facility has Covid-19.  Luckily, she's doing well, so far, but she has a family who are now exposed and can't get tested, she was working up till the time she became symptomatic- no choice, there were patients who needed to be taken care of - etc. 

And, yes, she lives in a state in which Republicans run the government.  Just a day or two back, one of the headlines I passed by said that state, with an enormous retiree population, was expecting to have a short fall of ventilators by about 30,000, if I recall, correctly.   We know that people are going to die because Trump and Republicans wasted the advance warning they had.  As asses like Rand Paul pushed libertarianism and others pushed other slogans of insouciant irresponsibility. 

Republicans are those "death panels" that you heard so much about on CNN and FOX ten years ago.  Irony is a real bitch, isn't it.   To say I'm pissed off is absurd, we shouldn't be pissed off, we should be volcanoes of rage.  I wonder if Rand has access to a ventilator.  My brother tells me that billionaires have been buying them to have on hand as they are telling people to get back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment