Saturday, March 7, 2020

Covid-19 - How Long Will People Still Get The Felling It's A Problem Somewhere Else

My family's experience with Covid-19 as of today matches this report from two-hours ago.

PORTLAND, Maine — According to a report in the Portland Press Herald, Maine is one of only five states yet to be approved for in-state COVID-19 testing.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention listed Maine, West Virginia, Ohio, Wyoming, and Oklahoma as 'in process' of setting up in-state coronavirus testing labs.

Maine currently sends tests to the U.S. CDC labs in Atlanta. According to the Press Herald, 18 blood samples have been sent and have been tested or are currently been tested. Maine's CDC has not reported any new test results. 

Dr. Nirav Shah, director of Maine's CDC, said the state has been preparing for this possibility since China declared an outbreak of the virus back in December.

It was just three months ago when the world first heard of the novel Coronavirus, a fast-moving and ever-changing virus that quickly reached outbreak proportions in China

My fever is up again, my cough is about what it was yesterday, I'm avoiding people and hoping that it's a mild case, so far it seems to be.  My sister who I got it from is expected to be in the hospital into next week, or longer, my other sister who was exposed is about where I was a week ago.  The CDC still hasn't sent results of her tests back.  Yesterday someone at the hospital said they thought it wasn't Covid-19, today they're saying they've ruled out everything else.  So, locally, mixed messages.  I get the feeling they're only a bit less in the dark than we are. 

I've stopped looking at the CDC website because I can't feel confident that they'll tell what they know for fear of Trump and his gang of goons, I've started looking at what other countries heath agencies are saying,  health Canada, for example.  

Oh, yeah, and it finally occurred to the people at the hospital to ask how her family members were.  I haven't been contacted about getting tested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment