Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Eejits of Eschaton Who Live In Furnished Souls Are Unbeautiful And Have Comfortable Minds

People in the Black Churches, in Christian Base Communities, people who faced slavery and found the explanation of why they had a right to freedom, the product of their labor AND REPARATIONS in Exodus, the other books of the Law, in the Prophets, in the Gospel . . . 

You know, as an white man living in the United States in which as below even moderate income - the choice of being a musician - still affluent and privileged by comparison to most of them,  I'd never dream of suspecting my point of view was at all of value compared to theirs, based in the most exigent of personal experience.   That's the difference between me and the eejits of Eschaton who figure they know better what's good for "those people".    As a gay, white man I may have some more insight into that than a straight white man* but even then, my affluence and relative privilege require me to give more weight to the experience of "church ladies" and men of the kind I've been talking about.  The assorted blog flies at Duncan's are like intoxicated blowhards of the kind taproom atheists always end up being

 As Chesterton summed it up, he felt as if [Clarence] Darrow had been arguing all afternoon with his fundamentalist aunt,  sparring with a dummy of his own mental making.**

Only, over at Duncan's, it's the dummies making those dummies.  All of them hepped up on Geritol and their meds and their mutual conceit.


* I wish I kept track of the number of times straight people lectured me about the real, right way to be a gay man over there and elsewhere on the blogs.  That figure would be somewhat amusing. 

**  As one of the witnesses of that debate on the future of religion noted about Darrow,
"his argument was conducted on an amazingly low intellectual level,"  Something I had to discover for myself about 75 years later online, at pseudo-lefty blogs and comment thread and fact checking latter day Darrows like Dawkins and Hitchens, Dennett and Dershowtiz. 

Update:  "Eejit" is Irish for "idiot".   I learned it from reading Brain Friel's plays and liked it so I use it.  Especially useful for alliteration in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment