Thursday, August 22, 2019

Hate Mail - "no one reads this shit"

Oh, I hardly ever look at the traffic statistics on this blog.  I can't remember seeing a day when I had fewer than in the hundreds, never more than a couple of thousand for some of the posts that got some mention elsewhere.  I don't keep track.  I figure I write stuff, I post it.  Sometimes I even fix it.  Blogging is quick and dirty writing and editing.  At Echidne's I once said, A man who acts as his own editor has a blogger for a client.  She pointed out that that didn't include women.

If people want to read it, it's there for them to read.   I figure if no one comments it means they don't have major disagreements they want to fight about.  I usually won't turn up an intelligent brawl, if they're on topic or at least interesting.  I love to argue.  I even argue with myself, it's called "thinking critically".  I'd say you should try it but it's too late for you.

1 comment:

  1. Nobody's paying for this, nor us forced to read it. Odd thing, blogs; I can't decide how to classify them.

    But in a world of printed material, including especially tweets, you are free to read whatever you like, and ignore what you don't like. I'll even write posts about essays and the like I think poorly...essayed.

    But reading it just so you can complain about reading it? That has never made sense to me.

    ReplyDelete