Wednesday, July 31, 2019

"Why are you in such a bad mood?"

This latest round of the heat wave we're having has set off some of the worst neuralgia I've ever experienced.  One of the pleasures of aging.  I can understand why those who study it list one of the complications of it as suicide.   If I had to live through this every day I don't know how long I could take it.  It's like having an abscessed tooth that travels all over your mouth and then your eyes etc.  I've read that some people in a desperate attempt to get rid of it have all their teeth removed.  I'm experimenting with antihistamines which I didn't realize were sometimes used to treat it.  Those work, so far surprisingly well,  but they make me feel groggy.  It also makes me really grouchy, in case you're wondering why I'm all dyspeptic Walter Mattheau this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment