Thursday, August 1, 2019

Dick On Ice

Saw the story about sex criminal Jeffrey Epstein and his posse of celebrity scientists attracted by his moolah and who knows what else.  I was relieved to see that the NYT account of it that had one of my favorite recently dead scientists Stephen Jay Gould was wrong because by the time the story happened, dear SJG had been dead for six years.   Obviously fact checking at the paper of record is as out of style as 16 RPM.   I had read the inaccurate one and wondered why such an ardent anti-eugenicist would have been hanging around with that bunch of determinists.

I got to the point where they said that the guy Dershowitz called so brilliant he was the only person outside of his family he trusted to review his books before he sent them off to the best-seller press had great hopes in the totally bogus and pseudo-scientific scam of cryogenics - freezing rich peoples dead meat on the empty promise that in some unspecified and, no doubt, never to be reached future that they will be thawed and revived.   Epstein is reported to want to have his head and penis frozen.  I haven't laughed so hard over a cryogenics story since I read about them dropping Ted Williams's deep frozen head and cracking it.  I almost choked to death for it.   I say he be given the chance to participate in a scientific experiment with putting his dick on ice now. 

I remember years and year ago some scientist, wish I could remember who it was, who said that none of these idiots had ever considered what happens to the cells in frozen meat, one suspects they don't have a clue as to what happens to ice as it crystalizes - clearly the brilliance of Epstein doesn't include such basic science, something I remember being taught about in my rural elementary school by Mrs. M in 4th grade.  

I've got to lay off reading this kind of thing when I'm goofy with antihistamines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment