Monday, March 4, 2019

Judge Jim Jordan According To The Standards Of Judgement He Has Advocated For Others

I don't believe at all that Jim Jordan was ignorant of the reported acts of sexual assault and sexual harassment of college athletes at Ohio State University, he spent eight years as a coach there and that is after having been a graduate student there. I doubt most of the students who participated in his wrestling program for four years, probably even those who were in it fewer years, were unaware of the reported abuses, especially those of random creeps showering with the athletes to ooggle them and worse.  It's not as if it was unknown to many of the students who were there, it's not credible that a coach who was there far longer than they were would be unaware of what was going on.  The biggest difference is, he had a legal and moral obligation to do something to stop it and he clearly never did.  I think he's the kind of congressman that ethical and criminal investigations were made to expose and prosecute (if possible). 

If I were to hold that scumbag in shirtsleeves and a tie to the standards of judgment he and his fellow Republicans and their media operation followed, I'd have said he was guilty of far more than I've said I found credible to believe, I'd pretend to know it and I'd pretend he was guilty of everything else I could think of to raise.  I think he should be judged by the same standard that he and his fellow Republicans held Hillary Clinton and others to when they held the majority in the house.   I think we need an understanding of justice that holds those who have held power to the same standard of judging guilt and innocence that they advocated and practiced. 

I think it's prudent and fair and just to hold politicians, judges, prosecutors, the police to the same standards of judgment and suspicion and punishment that they practiced in their professional careers.  If the administration of justice isn't held to that standard of acting justly, it is an exercise of self-interested power, not justice. In the United States, it so often is that.  That's especially true of politicians and those who aspire to hold political power as prosecutors so often do.  Judge them by the standards they hold others up to, that should be encoded into the law for those professions, especially the white-collar ones here they seldom face the exigencies of making instant decisions that the police so often have to.   The luxury of time in deliberation in the case of politicians and judges and prosecutors makes it even more necessary to hold them to the same standards they advocated.   I would hold Trump should be held to the same standard that he, as a rich White Man advocated in the newspaper ads he took out calling for death for innocent Black Children.   Though I'd only advocate sending him to prison, not state murder of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment