Friday, December 14, 2018

Someone Accused Me Of Wanting To Over-strain The Legal System To Protect Reality Over Lies

Until I saw clips of Trump lying his lying ass on fire with FOX "news'" to the softball questioning by Harris Faulkner, I don't believe I was aware of the existence of Harris Faulkner.  As I sometimes do when I have a few minutes to waste I looked her up online and was kind of amazed at the five-million dollar lawsuit she brought against, of all things, HASBRO TOYS!   It wasn't over her child or herself being injured by a toy Hasbro produced, it wasn't a lawsuit over some kind of fraudulent advertising or business fraud, it was because she claimed they'd stolen her name "Faulkner" and "her look" to produce a toy hamster.

Here's Harris Faulkner,


Here's the toy,
harris faulkner hasbro toy


Amazingly, the toy company settled with the, uh,  "journalist".  

If it was me, I'd sue FOX for degrading me by hiring me to play a journalist, considering who else they put up as "journalists".  Especially if I was a Woman of color.  I mean, this is a woman who works on the foremost vehicle to push racism and sexism in the United States, I'd think any Woman or Black Person degrades themselves by working there.  I mean, she works for a network that puts Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson on.  And they've probably got much deeper pockets than Hasbro.  

Really, it's amazing someone who did that can be called a "journalist".  And yet we're supposed to think that making it actionable when FOX or CNN or ABC or the New York Times publishes even outrageous lies about people is going to open the floodgates to frivolous lawsuits.   Clearly, the courts have plenty of time for frivolity, they should be forced to spend some time protecting egalitarian democracy and the significance of the truth over lies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment