Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Stupid Mail - Simps Lies - Water Is Wet - Dogs Bark - Gravity Makes Things Fall

Everything that Steve Simels has said about what I've said is a lie which will be no surprise to anyone who reads my blog or is familiar with him.  I have never slammed Prokofiev, I like his music, I've taught his music, he was a fine composer and a great pianist.  He was a victim of Stalinism, which I wrote about in a paper in college, though, unlike Simps and Kavanaugh, I don't keep track of my juvenilia.  I'm not even sure I kept the paper and doubt my teacher or his heirs kept a copy.  I didn't even keep copies of the major papers I wrote as an undergrad.  Simps, no doubt, has everything he ever produced.  I've heard one of his garage band tapes, he's that much of an egomaniac. 

You can read everything pretty much everything I've said online about Prokofiev by looking at the archive of this blog.  Despite my distaste for giving him attention, you can compare that, including my posting complete pieces by Prokofiev here, with what Simps has put up about Prokofiev at his blog

Update: I never heard of Gerry Divine And the Hi-Beams before, I'd heard everything they did in that bit of tripe by about 1968.  It bored me then, it's as boring now.  Aural wallpaper is a generous comment.  UB40 is another group I'd never heard of before yesterday, I mildly wish I hadn't listened to find out what they did for similar reasons.  Music that fails the test of time on first hearing, within two minutes.  A modern convenience and annoyance all in one package. 

No comments:

Post a Comment