Friday, March 24, 2017

What Do You Know, A Robocall I Was Thrilled To Get

In the contest to be named the head of the Democratic National Committee, my favorite candidate was the one who had the least chance, Pete Buttigieg, with Congressman Keith Ellison my second favorite, though I would have been totally unhappy to see him give up his House seat to take the job. I didn't have anything against Tom Perez, he just wasn't my favorite in the race.

Having said that, the other day I was surprised to have a robo-call from the DNC in which Tom Perez encouraged me to get in touch with my congressman to oppose pending legislation.  Of course, in my district, represented by the great Chellie Pingree, such a call would have been moot since she can be depended on to not cave to Republican-fascism.  

I was talking with a friend who is a former Democratic legislator in Maine about it and neither of us could remember the last time we got such a call from the leader of the DNC, if ever.   He agreed with me that it's a good sign and if that's any indication of how Perez intends to go, it's a vast improvement over the former chair and interim chair. 

We're looking forward to being pleasantly surprised at how good he is at the job, he and his Deputy Chair, Congressman Ellison.  

No comments:

Post a Comment