Saturday, October 19, 2019

Two Points

A.  Why anyone would care about who Michael Moore is endorsing for president is one of the minor mysteries of life.   I don't care, what he thinks about that is, I suspect, important for him and is temporarily important for the people on cabloid news networks and the impotent play-lefty media and for them it's only filling time.   I'd rather watch a re-run of a Jiffy-Pop popcorn commercial from the early 60s. 


Watching it happen was sort of fun but I'll bet no one in the world didn't burn that crap on the bottom.  So, it's a lot like Michael Moore's political endorsements.   And it stank. 

B. Speaking of inflation.   It may not have been Tulsi Gabbard's intention to become the idol of RT and Republican-fascist-Russian-bot media, but her stupid, ill-timed and ill-considered stunt presidential bid has had that real life effect. 

If she wants to get from under that, the best way for her to do it is to admit that she's being used and she should put a stop to her usefulness to them by admitting that Hillary Clinton has a point.   AND GETTING OUT OF PRESIDENTIAL POLITICS. 

Now that she's denied she will run a third-party spoiler campaign, if she goes back on that - even using the out that she didn't promise to not run as an "independent" - she will confirm the wisdom of Hillary Clinton, giving us more reason to regret that media lies for a quarter of a century lost us the most qualified candidate in history and put Trump in power. 

4 comments:

  1. 3rd party runs are damaging when they have a Ross Perot behind them (populist-like persona with $$$), but they are damned hard to put together. I don't think Perot was on the ballot in all 50. It doesn't take that to be a spoiler, but it takes more support than Gabbard has.

    Gabbard is drawing 1% in the polls, and no one know who she is. Even getting on the ballot in 50 states would be almost impossible. Running a true threat of a campaign, by Gabbard, would be impossible.

    That her positions make her Putin's puppet takes me back to the height of the Cold War. Aware as I am of Russian trolls, I still feel like I'm being told to look for Commies under the bed, again.

    But really, Gabbard is no more a threat than Marianne Williamson is. IMHO, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm spooked, I think it's related to feeling jinxed. Maybe it's an Irish thing. Gabbard is one weird figure.

      Delete
    2. She us. And I read she's threatened to go to the convention no matter what.

      She's not really going to be as popular as Stein, though.

      Delete
    3. My brother informs me that she's got a primary opponent who has a good chance of knocking her off. She might be too weird for a house seat, she's more state house eccentric.

      AOC is, I think, in danger of going Jiffy Pop with her Bernie endorsement. I can't take anyone who is endorsing him this year seriously, I'm afraid. I think Pelosi's vindication in keeping her powder dry has done a lot to blunt the force of the Squad. Though I think Pressley was the best of the four, the others need some maturing. They might turn out to be effective but not before they've matured a bit.

      Delete