Monday, April 22, 2019

Oh, So The Sanders Supporters Aren't Disaffected With The System? Why's He Running If That's Not The Case

A long time ago I installed an ap on my computer that was supposed to eliminate links to Rupert Murdoch owned media from showing up in google searches, it worked for a while but it doesn't work now.   I regularly have FOX, NY Post and other Murdoch merdre along with crap like the Washington Examiner and The Daily Mail at the top of the page.  It sure isn't as a result of what I click on, I never do more than read the headlines in the results.  This morning Murdoch and the right wing want me to believe that Pete Buttigieg said that Bernie Sanders supporters were the same as Trump supporters when that's not quite what he said.  What he said is that their supporters included many people disaffected by the system as it is, something that I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie Sanders didn't also believe, perhaps stating it.

'I think the sense of anger and disaffection that comes from seeing that the numbers are fine, like unemployment's low, like all that, like you said GDP is growing and yet a lot of neighborhoods and families are living like this recovery never even happened. They're stuck,'

and

'It just kind of turns you against the system in general and then you're more likely to want to vote to blow up the system, which could lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That's how we got where we are.'

NOT being heard is Pete Buttigeig saying this about Bernie Sanders:

'Part of running for president is you wind up competing with people that you like or appreciated or admired many years back, I don't have the same views on everything that he does.'


Also in the twitter links which I seldom if ever look at there are loads of alleged Bernie Sanders supporters declaring that Pete Buttigieg is "over" now that he's dissed them.   First, there's no way to distinguish between a Bernie Sander supporter you don't know from a Trumpian troll who is looking to ratfuck the Democratic presidential race - if at least 40% of that traffic isn't Republican-fascist ratfuckers, I won't say I'll eat my hat because I really think it's probably closer to 50%.   

This is the kind of thing we can expect for the rest of the year and next year,  Republicans, Republican-Putin trolls, Republican-domstic billionaire financed and inspired trolls, the probably much smaller complaint choir of play-lefties, that's what all of the Democratic candidates are going to face and that's not counting the perennial lazily repeated mantra of the corporate media, that "Democrats are in disarray".   

I doubt that Pete Buttigieg has fatally injured his hopes by telling an unwelcomed truth about the Bernie or Busters, who can't be counted on anyway.  That is one of the greatest weaknesses of the play-left, their immature ability to turn on a dime and stay home of vote for some never-ever-in-the-life-of-the-universe-will-win fraud like Jill Stein or Ralph Nader or whoever the Green-Republican-Putin Party will go through the motions of running this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Pete Buttigieg doesn't realize that the ones who would do that were never worth going for anyway.  I'd imagine there are some Bernie Sander supporters who will actually look at what he said and will say what I did when I read it,  they are disaffected with the system as it is.  That's what accounted for the Obama voters who voted for Trump, Obama posed as someone who was going to change things and ended up with policies that Jamie Dimon could prosper under.  

Pete Buttigieg is someone I don't expect to get the nomination though he could surprise us, we've been surprised before.  I think he's a bit young for a president, I prefer someone who has about fifteen to twenty years on him.  The billionaire oligarchs are obviously worried that he's got a lot of potential or their lie machines would't be cranking so hard against him.  I'd thought they'd be promoting him in hopes of  gay-bashing him to victory like they tried to use racism against Obama and sexism against Hillary Clinton.  

I think what we see in this along with the piece I did about the obvious lie told from the deputed left about Nancy Pelosi is that there is really a lot more in common between the play-left and the all too real Trumpian billionaire-financed right who, unfortunately win elections.  That is the biggest difference between the oligarchic fascists and the purity play-left. That left never wins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment