Saturday, December 15, 2018

Elite Higher Education In America

JASON CHAFFETZ : Look, the sad reality is we have a 7-year-old girl who has died, and she should have never, ever made that journey. And that should be the message, don't make this journey, it will kill you, and that should be the message.

Goddamn, literally, God damn him, racist, Republican Nazi, as if those people didn't realize that making that trip is extremely dangerous under any circumstance, and as if one of the biggest reasons they can't stay home in safety is 200 years of American foreign policy that has done things like overturning the government in Guatemala, installing one of the all time record murderous governments of the 20th century because the American banana industry wanted slave labor.

Since I pointed out yesterday that Trump's Aryan scumbag head of the Department of Homeland Security,*  Kirstjen Nielsen, got her undergrad degree from Georgetown and that the Jesuits who run that may-as-well-be-Ivy** certainly failed to instill the slightest hint of morality into the skank, when I saw this I thought I should point out that Chaffetz is a graduate of the Mormon equivalent of Harvard, Brigham Young.  I supposed it's fitting, in a way, considering Young was a genocidal mass murdering, serial child raping, bigamist scumbag that you could expect someone like Chaffetz to be morally limited, as well. 

I know public schools turn out some real shit too but I'd rather take my chances on a government staffed entirely by them for a change.  Or maybe we should just get rid of all the Republican-fascists.  Though, frankly, I'm not that impressed with the Democrats who come from the Ivys, either.  They are too invested in the corrupt establishment. 

For the record, Chaffetz is a semi-connected grifter ex-congressman related to Michael Dukakis' wife, Kitty.  In his youth he apparently hoped to benefit from that connection as he worked on the Dukakis campaign before he went on the Republican gravy train.  I don't know how that relates to his conversion from being Jewish to Mormon but I can't believe that conversion was made with similar hopes of advancement.  Scum, all of them.  Not any surprise he'd wind up as a FOX guest host.

* I knew giving it that Nazi sounding name would lead to no good. 

**  As Charles Pierce pointed out, blue collar Catholic schooling is not the same as the elite variety.  The Jesuits really need to do a little of their famous examination of conscience on why they credential so many morally depraved people like Kavanaugh and Nielsen.  I'd advise the same to Haravard, Yale, Princeton, etc. but as secular institutions I doubt their institutional leaders would have any qualms in that regard, the Jesuits are supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment