Sunday, November 25, 2018

Absurd Man

Simps, a straight, white, mid-to-upper middle-class pseudo-lefty white boy calls me "Sparkle" or "Sparky" because he figures a working-class gay guy must be effeminate.  There isn't a stereotype he can resist thinking in, he thinks in such chunks of prejudice instead of observations and ideas.  That this gay working class guy who gardens and splits wood all year could probably whip his pasty white-collar white ass any day of that year doesn't make an impression on him.   The remaining rump of Eschatots are not much better than that, give or take a few.   They do run true to type.  It's one of the few true things about the place, now. 

Update:  I don't talk about Stupy's "imminent  death" becuase a. Stupy is already brain dead, b. as I told one of my oldest friends who recently, bemoaning the gone-hell-in-a-handbasket state of the world said "Well at least I don't have long to put up with it" that he's been telling me that for a quarter of a century and he could live to be 106, c. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much.  I figure it would be a jinx.   I have no interest in being involved with his war with one of the very few regulars at Eschaton who came after I left.  I would guess that the new regular, getting little to no backup from the inbred-incestuous daisy chain of Duncan's rump regulars will follow the adults out of it.  

The concept of "historical imperative" is fraught with a racist and dishonest history of that and similar concepts, such as "manifest destiny".   Coming out of Simps who probably couldn't come up with a definition of what it meant that wasn't pulled out of his ass on the occasion of a challenge of that sort, is funny.  Just who issued this "imperative"?   The God he doesn't believe in?  

When people start talking "historical imperative" I'm expecting a lot of people are going to be robbed, cheated and, or murdered to steal their land and other stuff.  The Nazis believed in such an imperative, it was based in their belief in natural selection. 

6 comments:

  1. "Simps, a straight, white, mid-to-upper middle-class pseudo-lefty white boy calls me "Sparkle" or "Sparky" because he figures a working-class gay guy must be effeminate. "

    To paraphrase the immortal words of that great moral philosopher Foghorn Leghorn -- go fuck, I say, go fuck yourself.

    1. I call you Sparky because that's what the great Charles Pierce calls idiots of all stripes.

    2.I adjust it to Sparkles just to annoy you, in the same way you call me Stupy when you get bored with calling me Stupes. Unlike you, however, I don't assume it's a bigoted slur. Because, unlike you, I'm not a crackpot paranoid jackass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, dishonest and anachronistic. I didn't call you anything but "Simels" until you started calling me those things.

      I read "Charles Pierce" while he was still Charlie who wrote in the New England regional press and had a two paragraph weekly column in the Boston Globe magazine.

      I settled on "Stupy" and "Simps" because you're stupid and simple, whereas I could whip your fat white ass.

      Delete
  2. "The concept of "historical imperative" is fraught with a racist and dishonest history of that and similar concepts, such as "manifest destiny"."

    Oh please, you moron. Rock 'n' roll was a historical imperative after the bland pop bullshit after WW II. The idea that using that phrase is crypt-Nazism is more proof that you're the stupidest sentient human on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you so, I told you he'd pull it out of his ass and it would mean nothing.

      I didn't say it was "crypt-Nazism" I said it was fraught with racism and dishonesty because such it is. Manifest destiny is a brand of "historical imperative" all biologically based theories of racial superiority, domination, subjugation and, in the fullness of time, genocide are explained in terms of "historical imperative" A lot of that comes directly from either Darwinism (natural selection)- as in Nazism, or the Hegelian superstition of the dialectic - as in Marxism. All of that is explained in terms of "historical imperative". The very idea that there are imperatives (commands) without someone issuing those commands would seem to produce more dead people than the alternative does in the same length of time.

      So, Simps, why wasn't the pop music of the late 1940s and 50s the result of your anally sourced "historical imperative" as well as its pop music successor, rock and roll? Why wasn't other successful music so commanded into existence? Swing? The pop music that preceeded swing? Were Ruth Etting, Whispering Jack Smith, etc. engines of historical imperative? How about Paul Dresser as thousands crooned On The Banks Of The Wabash Far Away?

      How about Jacky Gleason's Music For Lovers? That was mighty popular. How about the guy Louis Armstrong said was a force in his musical development, Guy Lombardo?

      What a stupid claim, Stupy. Relate that to your claims for "historical imperative" in your comment. Show how one thing is like the other in any way except that both of them happened in history. Your use of the term makes it mean whatever anyone wants it to and so, nothing.

      Delete
  3. Oh good fucking grief.

    Please, will somebody put this fucking ahistorical shithead moron out of ours and his misery?

    Until then, who the fuck is gonna talk to him about any subject?

    Not me, I'll tell you that for free. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so stupid Stupy, that you don't seem to be able to appreciate that it is YOU who come here to troll me, I don't go to you pop-music blog to troll you. You know, the one NYMary started and handed off to you like the boatman in The Devils Three Gold Hairs. I NEVER mention you except when you troll me here or make comments about me at Duncan's blog for the dyspeptic decrepit.

      I'm the one who actually referenced both the history of pop music and the history of historical imperative as a concept. You, as I said, pulled it out of your ass.

      Delete