Monday, January 8, 2024

John Harbison - The Flight Into Egypt

 

Los Angeles Philharmonic, Andre Previn,  David Hoose, Cantata Singers and Ensemble, Sanford Sylvan,  Roberta Anderson

I can't find my copy of this recording so I can't be sure of who is performing here.  

The flight into Egypt,  Jesus and his parents as aliens,  if they'd fled to the United States or most other modern countries, they'd be illegal aliens.   God as an illegal alien is certainly something People today should be led to consider, one the king was after so he could kill him.   That's one of the things I most like about Christianity, one of the most believable things about its narratives, that God truly chose to become one of the lowest of the low.   I don't have any faith in princely or elite saviors.

No comments:

Post a Comment