Saturday, July 24, 2021

Saturday Night Radio Drama - David Helwig - Unlived Lives and Disappearance

  

Unlived Lives 

A series of creepy phone calls and mysterious letters force a mild-mannered theater owner to reconsider the choices he’s made in life.

 

Disappearance 

A bartender's quest for spiritual enlightenment leads him to question the importance of the material world. But as he finds himself plagued by a host of baffling disappearances, he - and the listener - must finally question the nature of reality itself.

Again I don't have the time to type out the credits.  I have  become interested in the writer, David Helwig but haven't had that much time to do more than find a website dedicated to him, alas, starting with obituaries to him.  He was a good writer.  Makes you think of how many good writers there are you never find out about as the media promotes garbage.   These are from the long ago ended CBC series Vanishing Point.  I wish the CBC would revive its radio drama department, of all the radio dramas I tend to like theirs the most.  There was an interesting sound to a lot of them I wish I could reproduce, something I'd think of as high-fi AM sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment