Monday, May 17, 2021

You Don't Need To Call Us Let's Just Say We'll Call You

TYPING TENS OF thousands of words a week, I've found that the part of speech that is most likely to go wrong is the preposition.   It might be mildly interesting to ask professional editors if that's their experience but too mild for me to ask.  I think I'll leave that one there since it's annoying the guy who trolls me.  If I cared I'd go over his and Duncan's typing to see what that might show.  I did notice a pretty serious gaff in Duncan's the other day but figured it wasn't worth pointing out.

They don't seem to be hiring a lot of professional editors these days.  If they figure that writers can do that in the age of computers, HA!    I find that the second largest problem is f verbs no longer agreeing with their subjects and similar non-agreement relics of incomplete and incompetent writer-editing.  Me being the incompetent editor.    If I won the lottery I'd hire an editor to go over my stuff but not the tireless little meter-maid of orthography and other mechanical tasks who seems to be auditioning for a job that doesn't exist and for which he would never be considered.  I'd require an editor not be a compulsive liar, to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment