Friday, May 14, 2021

Troll Says What?

It was the strangest thing, as if the wooden umbrella feeling the rain had tried to forsake its substance and take on the nature of its form, and was struggling slowly, slowly, much too late to unfold.  

Katherine Anne Porter:  The Wooden Umbrella

 TROLL SAYS:

"NEVER HAD THE SLIGHTEST INTEREST in anything Van Morrison did any more than I did Ted Nugent's crap." The fact that you can equate Van Morrison (who by the way had never evidenced his lunatic anti-semitism in any of his work previous to this year) with a no-talent like Ted Nugent is conclusive proof that you are both a moron and deaf.  

That wasn't equating them, it was saying I NEVER HAD THE SLIGHTEST INTEREST IN EITHER OF THEM.  I never had the slightest interest in a lot of things and, as such, I neither know anything about them nor do I, as was accused, hold such in any kind of esteem.  Which is what I said but apparently he couldn't read and comprehend. 

I said something to one of my siblings who was surprised I didn't remember Van Morrison's greatest American hit "Brown-Eyed Girl".  When they sang a couple of lines it sounded a bit familiar but even back in the later 1960s I didn't spend a lot of time listening to rock music, having already found the genre boring and stupid as opposed to what it devolved from, the blues.  And there was the jazz that was being made at the time and the contemporary classical music of then, too.   Something had to get a lot of air-play on radios that other people were playing for me to notice a rock song or other pop crap.   Maybe the reason I can remember Bacharach and David is because Bacharach used harmony and rhythm more creatively than rock did.  I don't know, I don't want to spend time thinking about it.  

Rock is what's left over when white boys took everything that is interesting in the blues out of it.  Now aren't you happy that I've said it and you can risk having a heart attack or stroke raging about that?  

I'm going back to ignoring you, it's for your own good.  I'd suggest that you at long last grow up like that wooden umbrella unfolding and fulfilling the purpose of a real umbrella.  But, like Gertrude Stein in her brief period after the liberation of France and facing reality, for the first time in her long, self-centered, self-indulgent and stupid life, that's unlikely to happen.  And like KAP, I've got more important things to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment