Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Oh. . . . Now I Get It. Trump WantsTo Be Evita - I'll Never Forgive The Republicans For Making Me Think Of This

Some of you might know I'm not a fan of musicals, especially those of Andrew Lloyd Webber, who I loathe.   I do like some of the actor-singers who appear in them,  I love Patti Lupone, especially when she's been in some of those musicals I do kinda like.  But I'll spare you the music. 

So it was fun as well as satisfying for her to give her insights into Trump's steroid-fueled balcony scene the other day as not being inspired by Il Duce, Mussolini (who I wouldn't be surprised if Trump never heard of) but by her performance as Evita Peron in the ALW spectacle, "Evita".

I, thankfully, had not known that Trump, or, rather, whoever ghost-writ a book "by him" had revealed that he and Ivanka had gone on daddy-daughter dates to see her in that thing many times.  Everything about that relationship yeechs me out. So we can see the danger that such spectacles have on weak minds with perverted tendencies - what else was the relationship between Juan and Evita but one especially awful psycho-drama of sexual degeneracy and insanity.  Maybe it would have been better if they'd let Trump dress up as Evita instead of having Rudy Guiliani be the one in drag.  It's not as if Rudy doesn't know how to abuse women, too.

What the Republican Party and the media inflicted on us in Trump should never be forgotten.   And before him Bush II and Reagan.  

 

Update:  Reading through this, again, I have to wonder how it relates to that piece I did a few weeks back wondering about the Trump-regime's use of Pavarotti's bellowing of Nessun Dorma, another torchy show tune.  Only one in Italian so the idiots had no idea how it fit into the show.  I wonder if, instead of Trump being the one burdened with faking a touch of class, it wasn't the work of Ivanka,  culcha being more in the realm of "womens' work" among the monied.

No comments:

Post a Comment