Saturday, February 29, 2020

Since You Asked

Yeah, I've been helping out a family member, a school teacher, who has non-influenza based pneumonia right now and I've gone from there to doing some volunteer work where I'm in contact with various members of the public.  And I'd really have liked to have found out that I shouldn't be doing the latter since I've been exposed to whatever her pneumonia is caused by.  Is it Coronavirus?  I have no idea, neither does she, neither did her doctor who, apparently, as of last Tuesday didn't know that he should have said something about that possibility to her so she could inform the several people who have come to give her a hand. 

The idiot Trump regime has been going all Soviet-era-"we'll-bury-our-mistakes" on this, that's something you can depend on when you have gangsters running a country as the United States is, now.  And the fucking media are covering for him instead of calling him, his gang of crooks and gangsters running major Federal agencies even as they have to report that it is they who are preventing state health agencies from picking up the ball that they not only dropped but threw in the trash because of PR problems.  

So far, the most I've had is a cough and sniffles and a low fever.  That started after I'd done the volunteer work.  I'd like to have known so I wouldn't have acted in ignorance to possibly infect people.

If it wasn't Coronavirus this time, who knows when it's going to be because from what they're saying, when it hits, we're the ones who are going to be taking care of our loved ones and others because there isn't going to be a healthcare infrastructure that can take that strain.  That's what you get when it's corporations who run health care.  This country is unprepared to do what a country needs to do and until the Republican-fascists and the corporate crooks are removed from power, from the media, from the courts, it won't be.   Until people are not being lied to by the so-called Secretary of Health and everyone else, no one's going to take it as seriously as they will need to to even protect themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment