Friday, October 11, 2019

Stupid Mail

I don't believe I've ever used the word "deconfliction" before in my life, though I've certainly read it.   For example, I remember this article in the Guardian about its use BY THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IN THE CONTEXT OF AVOIDING DIRECT ENGAGEMENT BETWEEN AMERICAN AND PUTONIAN FORCES IN SYRIA.  

The word “deconflict” – or worse “deconfliction” – is being used by US officials to describe attempts to ensure that US and Russian air forces don’t shoot at each other while they conduct overlapping air campaigns over Syria. 

The risk of a US-Russia clash over Syria’s crowded airspace has become an alarmingly real possibility, especially since two countries are at loggerheads over which rebel areas to target in Syria. The US and its allies, including several Gulf countries and since last week France, are targeting areas held by Islamic State fighters, while Russia and the Syrian air force are attacking areas held by groups linked by the US-backed Free Syrian Army.

Hence the need for talks on how various air forces don’t clash, inadvertently or otherwise. Only the US doesn’t put it that way. US secretary of state John Kerry announced plans for a “military-to-military deconfliction discussion”.

It is not just Kerry who has been using the term deconflict this week. According to White House spokesman Josh Earnest, Vladimir Putin and Barack Obama talked about “deconfliction” when they met at the UN this week. 

He said the presidents “agreed that it would be important to begin conversations on a practical, tactical level to deconflict coalition and Russian military activities inside of Syria”.

Call me whatever, but, even as much as I've got trouble with Barack Obama's record, he's smarter than anyone I encountered at Duncan Black's blog. 
 
I'm never surprised to find that the voluntarily retarded, post-literates who comprise the "brain trust" (they really do call themselves that) of Eschaton are not only ignorant but too lazy to look up a word online but in this case they're accusing me of using a word I'm certain I've never used.   It doesn't show up in a search of this or my other blog.  Lord knows I've used a lot more words than your typical Eschatot knows but that's not one of them. 
 
I haven't bothered to see if Duncan or any of the smarter former regulars at  Eschaton have used it.   Perhaps one of the smarter of those such as Echidne or Hecate has but I have not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment