Sunday, June 30, 2019

Walter Brueggemann - Continuing Through The Disruptive Conjunction - Here's a clue, the conjunction in question is "but".




It's from a decade ago but so much of what he said is even more true in the Trumpian-fascism we are in today.   I have yet to hear Brueggemann say much of anything I can find any fault with.   I am constantly finding my hand going to the Brueggemann section of my bookcase, a section that grows steadily longer as I find more of his books in used bookstores, online and off.   I've even bought a few of them new and as yet uncherished.   It might be more of my Catholicity than a Brueggemannian idea, but I like to think the previous owners used them as road guides to heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you find this stuff and post it. I'm far too lazy, and it does me a world of good to hear it.

    ReplyDelete