Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Tireless Little Meter Maid of My Orthography Has Put On His Uniform And Taken Out His Ticket Pad Again

Big deal.  I used to have a friend whose name was pronounced the same but who spelled it "Hurst" I wrote her name a lot more times than I ever wrote out William Randolph Hearst. and I spelled it right twice in the piece.

I might think out and write about the kind of college-credentialed dolt who, when faced with a reasoned argument based on evidence will concentrate on typos and misspellings instead of defending his ignorance based stupidity and the stupid ersatz intellectual culture that supports that willful triviality.  The flowering of an intellectual and educational system that promotes triviality. I've never been that impressed with that minor knack of visual memory, myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment