Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Don't Tell Me That My Recent Revelation that I Sound Like The Late Joe Perham Has Nothing To Do With This

Maine accent the 4th sexiest in America, survey says

An international travel company conducted a poll to find out which accents people consider the sexiest in America, and survey takers somehow did not find the Maine accent to be sexiest.

The Big 7 Travel sample survey of its 1.5 million or so social media followers showed signs that many respondents had never heard a Mainer speak, as three other accents were rated higher in the Top 50 list.


Texas, Boston and New York accents grabbed the top three spots on the list, in that order.

To which I say, come on, New York?   Well, if you like people being rude to you.  And which Boston accent?  Southie?  And which Maine accent for that matter, coastal, inland, south-west, northern?  I will admit that there are some sexy  guys in my state who sound like they come from nowhere else, the guy who runs the used truck business on the other side of our woods is about the sexiest sexagenarian I've ever seen.  There's nothing sexier than polite and competent intelligence matched with good-will no matter what the accent.  But, really, what a dumb survey. 

2 comments:

  1. I do wonder which Texas accent is sexiest. North. Old Dallas (ad I call it. Think Ross Perot). South Texan? East? West? To?y Lee Jones? Matthew McConaughey?

    Or the fake ones from Hollywood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess would be the last one.

      I think I'd have an easier time identifying accents that weren't sexy. Or, rather, particular voices. Alex Jones, Andrew Dice Clay, Gilbert Gottfried, Ben Carson, . . .

      Delete