Sunday, March 17, 2019

Why No St. Patrick's Day Post?

The way the United States does St. Patrick's Day disgusts me, the polluting rivers green, the green beer, . . .  If they'd make it a day to remember his slavery and his role as one of the first abolitionists that would be worth it.  My copy of Harold Johnson's book Firewater: How Alcohol Is Killing My People (And Yours) came in yesterday, I'm reading that and it has put me entirely out of the mood.   

Maybe I'll celebrate St. Finbarr in September, most of my people came from Cork.   

If I had some potatoes I'd make some colcannon but I only have cabbage.  At my age I've got to watch the carbohydrates.   Wish I had some boxty, haven't thought about boxty in a while.   That would put me in the mood.  I'll grow potatoes this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment