Friday, February 22, 2019

More And Number Hate Mail

I am challenged as to why I have not condemned the Black-Gay actor Jussie Smollett for faking a racist-gay bashing attack on him in order to help boost his acting career.  To start with, I never heard of Jussie Sollett, I don't do TV and I don't do movies.  Especially Hollywood movies.  The last time I went to see a movie in a theater it was Hairspray, the one with Divine and Jerry Stiller, not the musical. I REALLY don't do musicals.

I didn't know any details of the case until I went looking and found what Stephen Colbert said in his monologue last night, if that was accurate, yeah, the guy was being a jerk.  To use something as serious as a staged hate crime to mount a publicity campaign for your show-biz career is disgusting and it should be discouraged by prosecution - though I doubt my saying that will quell the white-boy rage of the guy who challenged me.

Smollett is clearly suffering from that ubiquitous affliction found in of so many those who go into show business, narcissistic immaturity.   It's a rule among many if not most actors, especially those whose acting is confined to what's done before a camera, subtract ten or twenty or even seventy years to get them down to an emotional age of less than 20.  Sometimes of less than 10. Maybe the guy will learn something from it but if he does he's unusual among TV-Movie actors and figures.  I hope he does.  Some have.  Not many but some.  I mean, look at Mel Gibson, look at Donald Trump, two others in the same business who did worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment