Saturday, August 25, 2018

Saturday Night Radio Drama - George Orwell - A Clergyman's Daughter




Dramatisation of one of Orwell's lesser novels. A strictly conservative clergyman's daughter goes missing from home. 8 days later, she finds herself, suffering from amnesia and no memory of her previous life, in south London with a group of homeless people, about to depart to Kent for the hop picking.

I'm doing something I haven't done before, posting a play that I haven't listened to, myself, yet.   It's been a crazy week and I haven't had time to look for a new play I haven't posted before.  So, I'll be hearing it for the first time, too. 

The book was adapted, though, from what I understand, Orwell wrote some of it in dramatic form, himself.  It was an experimental novel that Orwell reportedly wasn't happy with, at one point saying he didn't want it reprinted. Though he changed his mind, apparently, authorizing all of his work to be re-released.   



No comments:

Post a Comment