Friday, July 20, 2018

Stupid Mail - Stupy Lies, The Toast Falls On The Butter Side And Water Is Found To Still Be Wet

I don't think I've ever said anything bad about The Byrds, I certainly haven't ever said anything bad about them here because they never interested me enough to say anything about them.  

One of the few times* I can recall that the work of any of its members impinged on my attention was when The Staple Singers recorded For What It's Worth and that was by Stephen Stills and he wasn't even in The Byrds that I can recall, he worked with one or so of them in other acts after The Byrds more or less dispersed.  I'm not even interested enough to care about those kinds of things. 

I ADORE The Staple Singers and have since they recorded for Vee-Jay. 


* I think Bonnie Raitt recorded Bluebird on her first album, too. Though I'll have to fact check on that one.  

Update:  Yep, but that was a Stephen Stills song, too. 


10 comments:

  1. LIES AND THE LYING LIARS WHO TELL THEM

    "Friday, July 20, 2018

    I don't think I've ever said anything bad about The Byrds, I certainly haven't ever said anything bad about them here because they never interested me enough to say anything about them. "



    "Wednesday, July 18, 2018

    What can you expect from someone who sees the unwillingness of the still barely breathing members of "The Byrds" to keep on pretending that a group that didn't have a hit after about 1965 was an ongoing venture as some kind of tragedy "

    Well played, Sparkles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupy, you are easier to reel in than a dead minnow. Point out what in that was bad about The Byrds. What it was was me stating the truth about the band, the realism of its members and doing so to make fun of you.

      Delete
  2. You had to look up whether Stephen Still wrote "Bluebird."?

    Wow. That's like having to look up whether Beethoven wrote "Fur Elise."
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it's the opinion of the world that Stephen Stills is exactly as significant a composer as Beethoven. I wonder what Stephen Stills would say about that. And it would be more like having to look up if Beethoven wrote Als Die Geliebte Sich Trennen Wollte.

      Delete
  3. Quick -- without Googling, tell me who the other members of Buffalo Springfield were.

    And then pretend you're not a cultural illiterate. Or the world's oldest old fogey who was also a young fogey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without googling tell me who the members of the Kolisch Quartet were.

      What a stupid challenge, I already said I didn't like that kind of pop music enough to pay attention to it. And how would you know I hadn't googled? I know you type one-fingered but you shouldn't assume other people are so limited.

      Delete
  4. Without Googling, tell me five members of the Nairobi Trio.

    Otherwise, you're an even bigger cultural illiterate than I already think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simps, did you once get fired from a sheltered workshop for not being up to the challenge? I would guess they told you that pop music critic was the only thing open to someone of your mentality.

      Delete
  5. So you don't know who the Nairobi Trio were? Or who were their members?

    I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tells you.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You moron, I watched Ernie Kovacs regularly when it was on TV. You remind me of Percy Dovetonsils.

      Delete