Thursday, July 26, 2018

Practical Paranoia In Contemporary Life

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” 


Joseph Heller, Catch-22

I've noticed I'm getting a lot of junk-robo calls that seem to be using strategies to get me to say the word "yes".  I've started avoiding saying  it even when they ask,  "Mr. McCarthy?" I love trying to screw with computerized robocalls.  It's even more fun than playing with an ELIZA bot, which gets old fast. 

After a few of them I suspected that they were trying to get me roped into a bogus contract but haven't noticed any money going missing from my accounts and haven't gotten any bills.  So, now I'm suspecting its bogus polling agencies trying to get my "yes" recorded so they can include it in their bogus polling.  Doubting that any liberal entity would have the funds to do that, or need to, the positions of liberalism being far more popular than the word itself, I'm guessing it's some fascist entity.   

At least that's what I'm guessing it's all about.   Anyone heard anything?  

No comments:

Post a Comment