Friday, December 26, 2014

Hate Mail File

It's the difference between someone who likes to listen to challenging new music they've never heard, from skilled, adventurous musicians they've never heard and someone who listens to Brian Wilson or the mop heads unchanging old records for the 2,582,350,216th time so they can mention it for the 25,629th time to get the same reaction that saying the one thing you say about it has gotten every time since the first time whoever said what you parroted first said it in 1965.   

We don't do the same thing, Sims.  The two things don't intersect.  What you think you have to say about music is about as relevant to me as inserting a recipe for spaghetti os  with canned pineapple and miniature marshmallows into a paper about numbers theory.  

Update:  OK, if you didn't like that comparison, how about a hair ball the cat heaved up on the middle of a clean rug. 


2 comments:

  1. Confession: I love SpaghettiOs. Comfort food. Oddly, I always craved them when I was sick as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't judge people by the canned pasta products they like. My mother used to give me canned cheese ravioli by Chief B. when I first gave up eating meat - she was sure I was going to die. I used to save those for when I had absolutely no money. I'm almost tempted to try it again to see if I remember it as I think I do.

    I'm even tempted to go to an Olive Garden since I found out it is considered the prime sin among the youngish and groovy online.

    ReplyDelete