Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Difference In Focusing on Your Narrow Little Self And Not Being So Limited

I will have more to say about this program of On Being, a really interesting conversation Krista Tippett had with Michael Ruse and Jim Bradley about the productive interaction of science and religion.   But I wanted to call your attention to it in case you want to read it, as I've got to work today.

Jim Bradley is someone who I didn't know before and I'm enthusiastically looking forward to reading more of his ideas.  I did know quite a bit of Michael Ruse, not only from his criticism of Richard Dawkins and the new atheists, but having read some of his articles and more.   I do have to say he comes off as a bit of a jerk in this conversation, definitely a snob and far less appealing in person.  He has some worthwhile things to say but he is definitely way too fixated on himself, coming off as narcissistic.    Jim Bradley is rather more appealing and entirely more broad-minded, perhaps indicating how people find the paths they do based, in part, on their degree of self-involvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment