Wednesday, March 19, 2014

After Reading Several Articles Written By Atheists

Before I went online I would never have entertained the thought that atheists were any more prone to lying than other people.  The values of equality and giving people the benefit of the doubt would have made that thought impossible.  But that was in the absence of experience of the direct thought of many atheists.  After reading thousands of atheists online, unedited, unfiltered, I have to say that I now believe atheists are far more likely to lie because they don't believe that it is a sin to lie.  And that includes the "editing" they've organized to do at Wikipedia, the thing is useless on any topic that has been subjected to atheist editing.   

I think the idea of reliable information, the ability to safely depend on information presented as being reliable that history, science and other areas of intellectual culture is based in depends on a sense that it is a sin to lie, that it is wrong to lie.  After the past decade plus of seeing things, I don't think that is sustainable in a culture permeated by atheism in which there is no sin.   I think the online atheist "community" is a good indication of what a wider atheist culture would be and it is a dishonest, cynical place which will produce no good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment