Friday, August 23, 2013

Answer to an E-Mail

Well, what can I say.  Clearly I don't write for the reading impaired and the attention deficient.  There are plenty of blogs they can, eh, ....  shit on. 

Update:  Would you believe me if I claimed to have meant to type "sit on"? 

Duncan, apparently one of your regulars isn't experiencing enough Fahrvergnügen over there because s/he is giving me regular updates.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 23, 2013

46 Reasons This Is The Best Blog In The Universe
Apparently that's the new way to get the kids to click. Anyone wanna write that post for me?
by Atrios at 18:21 

Gee, you can write a pretty decent post on infrastructure, have you given up to the point where you're asking them to write a friggin' list post for you?  Or did you just want to suck in the mutual self-admiration before their attention waned and they went back to the glorious pop music and TV shows from before you were born and their rhumatiz and supper menus?    I did warn you that I wasn't going to tolerate being lied about on your blog anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Update: From what I'm told, apparently the Eschatwittersphere doesn't like me saying that journalists aren't reliable sources of reportage concerning themselves and that His Holiness Glenn Greenwald (HHGG from now on) using his perch at The Guardian as a means of getting revenge on behalf of his partner is going way past what should be considered journalism. I don't expect it will keep me up tonight.

    I guess this is what you mean? (No, really, I'm guessing; I have no idea).

    There's an enormous amount of foolishness around this topic. I've decided that's par for the course for the internet: reasoning by damned, I have a factoid I barely grasp, and I won't let go of it!

    Like the outrageous "thousands of times!" the NSA violated its own rules, which Joshua Foust points out means that the NSA has a 99.999999999999 rate of compliance, considering they collect about 30 quadrillion bytes every day, and of that mistakenly collect less than a megabyte each day.

    Or: thousands of errors, if you want to be literal about it, but consider absolutely no context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simels and Gomez apparently weren't getting enough attention from the regulars with their usual stuff so they stared in on me again. Gomez ratcheted it up by accusing me of anti-semitism which I'll have to deal with today or tomorrow.

    Apparently total and correct compliance with the Snowden-Greenwald cult is required at such places, no facts allowed to disturb the dogmas and doctrines of that as laid out by those members of their trinity. Poitras, a runner up in the attention rush that those two got a head start in.

    I am very grateful that you put me on to Joshua Foust, he is one of the rare voices of reason in this issue, especially now that Charlie Pierce seems to be feeling the pressure to conform. As I said a while back, it makes me glad that I don't need to worry about keeping that mass of fans who insist on that conformity, never having had it.

    As to Duncan Black, I'm just tired of him sponsoring people who lie about me. If he wants to be associated with them and what they bring to his ever diminishing, once-influential blog, that's his decision. But whereas it concerns me, he's allowed them to make what he does my business. He's squandered his talent. I don't think he'll get better till he abandons the sinking scow.

    ReplyDelete