Thursday, October 13, 2022

Covid Again

I CAN REPORT that "herd immunity" is bullshit because you can get covid-19 more than once and a second bout (even while being boosted) can make you wonder if you're about to give up the ghost.  I was so sick on Sunday night that I was thinking of calling 911 but couldn't afford it if I lived, a hearse would be cheaper.  The fever was so high that I figured I might not want to survive it.  I definitely lost weight because for three days I couldn't stand the thought of eating, losing my sense of taste temporarily.  I didn't even feel like drinking coffee, that's practically a symptom of impending mortality when you're as addicted as I am.  My brother pointed out that no one is more careful than I am about social distancing, so anyone can get it even if they are vaccinated and careful.  We're far from out of it, I doubt we ever will be unless they come up with the kind of vaccine of the kind that they can't get for other viral illnesses, so far.

This has been one lousy year after a series of them.  Drought, disease, Dobbs and the rest of the goddamned Supreme Court session.  I've ended my study of Jeremiah and have decided to hold onto the Lamentations until the end of Lent. I've decided to go through Luke again.  I need a lighter yoke for a while.   

I curse Trump and the Republican-fascists for their role in spreading lies about Covid-19, I curse Murdoch and the other fascist media and the complicit-middle-roader media that helped them while pretending they weren't.  Most of all I curse carnivores who will, I am afraid, end up killing us all to feed their appetites for mass-imprisoned, slaughtered animals, the origin of so many of the worst pandemic diseases and the murderers of wild animals who are the origin of so many of the deadlier and less widespread ones.  I really do blame them all, them and the Darwinists who came up with such a stupid idea to start with, championed by right-wing idiot-economists and lawyers who pretend they're scientists.  

Yeah, I'm sore from too much time in a reclining chair and feeling cranky.   Doesn't mean that what I said isn't sincerely meant or true.

No comments:

Post a Comment