Friday, August 7, 2020

 Sorry about the font size in that morning post,  New Blogger doesn't seem to have a way to get into the HTML like Old Blogger did,at least one I've found.   I'm having a hard time seeing some of the features on the screen, but I'll bet it's there hidden now. I don't understand why they screwed around with that feature. I'll try to avoid the copying and pasting from other sites from here on in. That's the origin of it, I guess.   Highlight and drag edits seem easier, or maybe it's just I haven't done one of those in a while. 

2 comments:

  1. New Blogger Sux. (If I repeat myself, sorry; I'm trying to make comments work on this browser)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot understand why they changed the dashboard again except it was for the engineers to try to justify their continued employment by doing something. Not that what is, I guess, now "old blogger" was perfect. It's sort of like the same thing with Esperanto which had lots and lots of "improvements" proposed as "top-down" changes to be imposed by fiat. Only the self-appointed "improvers" couldn't agree and the suggestions for "improvements" such as in the offshoot Ido and even later (and even less successfully) Novial never ended so they never arrived at something like a stable version that people could just get on communicating with. In the meantime the majority who chose to live with the language as it was just got on with talking and communicating and writing in it, warts and all, and it is the most successful of the constructed languages. It has changed but the changes have been from the bottom up,as it were, minor changes in things like how country names are formed and some other things. Like changes happen in language over time. I just decided to stop arguing about that elsewhere online, it's part of my resolution to be less scrappy online.

      Delete