Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Angry Adolescent Movie Addled Hate Mail

Just how bored are people?  I didn't expect someone who was complaining about my old posts expressing my disdain of Hollywood to actually ask me an interesting question I had to think about, it was what was the last Hollywood movie I liked.  First, I never expected someone to read them.  I'd rather they get pissed off over the Darwin posts or the challenge to materialists, but, no, it's friggin' Hollywood. 

I think about the last movie I was totally happy about that might arguably match that description was The Conversation.  Which is one of the rare movies I'd call worthy of being considered a work of art.  And it's almost a half century old.

No, the movies are one of the most wasteful mediums and one that produces easily 500 times more garbage than worthwhile stuff.   There are other forms you can say that about, pulp novels, who-done-its,  pop-music, but none of them are remotely as expensive as the movies and they have a higher quality to crap ratio.

That The Conversation lost the Oscar to Godfather II tells you everything you need to know about Hollywood.  If I'd made both movies I can tell you, I might have liked the money that Gf II made but I'd be a lot more proud of The Conversation.

And I'm bored enough so I'm anticipating this annoying the world's oldest adolescent.  That's more fun than easily most of the movies I've seen and it's not all that much fun.

Update:  No, I knew Simps would get his pinafore in a knot over me dissing Hollywood movies, he doesn't read so they're his idea of reality.  And he's an habitual liar who bears false witness like Kellyanne Conway. Duncan Black has no problem with him lying on his cash cow of a blog because Duncan is a self-centered, nihilistic slacker who is disappointed to find out that the world didn't believe him the genius his one-time mentor hoped he would turn out to be.  I expect he'll be a Republican, again, before the end of his life. 

I knew he'd have a little hissy fit and I knew that he'd lie about me.  I don't care because I don't care about his audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment