Friday, February 14, 2020

The Question Is . . .

"What do you think of Mike Bloomberg being in the race?"

Apparently not much because I haven't written about it.  He's got several of the disqualifiers I've written about:

A. He's not really a Democrat.

B. He's too old.

C. He didn't get into the race soon enough.

D. He's way to the right of where I would want to have to vote, thought the one and only "candidate" still in the race I wouldn't vote for is the Putinesque weirdo Tulsi Gabbard.  We've got one Putin puppet, replacing him with another would only mean she'd get a honeymoon while the media pretends she isn't one. 

I certainly understand why the DNC and Democrats are taking him seriously, there are several billion reasons why.   He's a billionaire who is, obviously, scared of a. Donald Trump destroying American democracy, b. Elizabeth Warren becoming president and proving she knows how to do what she said she intended to do.  I don't know which one he worries about more except that Trump is already wreaking havoc and wrecking democracy.  I don't like him, I didn't like him when he was Mayor of NYC, I'd have to hold my nose to vote for him but if he wants to save America from Trump, all I can say is he's not all bad. 

I don't blame the DNC for taking advantage of the money advantage that real billionaires bring, it's not their fault that the Supreme Court and the civil liberties industry have opened up American democracy to that kind of destruction on the basis of "the first amendment".   The "Handmaid*" idiocy that expected American fascism to come in on the forms of a fundamentalist bible-thumping preacher got it 180 degrees wrong, it came in on a legal theory dreamed up by fascists who use a cameo of James Madison as their logo.  

If, by some miracle, Elizabeth Warren became president I would get 180% behind an effort to investigate federalist-fascism, its backers and its ideologues because they were such a huge part of bringing us past the brink of disaster.  They have done everything the old commie hunters claimed to fear but which the old commies never had any chance of doing and, unlike those old commies, they're in control of the federal government., the executive, the Senate, the Supreme Court and a good part of the judiciary. 

If you hear someone blaming the DNC for having to pay homage to the billionaires they're either igonrant idiots or liars or both.  The play-lefty media you'll hear that from are both.  It's the ACLU, Eugene McCarthy, a couple of liberal state parties in New York and Minnesota, the fascist James Buckley, etc. who deserve your blame.  They helped create this corrupt pantomime of democracy, Democrats and some Republicans in the Congress tried to prevent it, it was the judiciary that guaranteed this corruption.  They're having to do the best they can with the corruption the high-priests of the judiciary made this.  If you want a clergy for facism to come from, it's the secular high-priesthood of the Supreme Court. 

*  Little did I know when I read that mildly entertaining thing that it would morph into the totally absurd thing it has become.   I wonder if there's some other book of hers that Atwood wouldn't rather be known for.   I'd read some others by her but I don't think I'm interested in looking at any more after Handmaid mania became a thing.   I liked The Robber Bride a lot better.  But the women in it are stronger so, ironically, it's not going to be TV-movie fodder in the same way.   It's a lot funnier, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment