Tuesday, July 30, 2019

". . . taking it so personally" - As I Said, Derbes Can Kiss My Ass

He teaches physics at an elite prep-school that feeds an ultra-right wing private, Ivy-league equivalent university and he propagates lies about me while playing play-lefty at Duncan's blog.  I can assure you that I'm not impressed with an elite prep-school teacher in the sciences who can't be bothered to fact check things he says about anyone but when it is lies about what I've said,  repeating the lies of a self-evident and dishonest idiot instead of seeing if what the idiot said was true, I can see no reason why I shouldn't take it personally.   As I recall he's one of the two sci-guys at Duncan's I long ago got into an argument with about the ahistoricity of Inherit the Wind.  I researched the topic before I even developed my conclusion as to its historicity and found it was, pretty much from start to finish, untrue.  That didn't seem to impress the two sci-guys.  I won't name the other one who I believe teaches at a public university because, as far as I can see, he hasn't lied about me at Duncan's.   

I do find that many of those who are in the sciences may maintain the highest level of exigent criticism for their one, tiny and often quite simplified area of investigation but they so often prove themselves entirely uninterested when it comes to looking up facts anywhere else, especially outside of the sciences.  There are exceptions but I haven't run into that many of them.  Richard Lewontin comes to mind but he's a genuine intellectual and a rather impressive practical logician as well as an eminent scientist.  Modern universities don't produce many of those.  The idea of a liberal education seems to have died off in my generation, right before it, actually, as the hegemony of the STEM subjects and their financial utility swamped any, more idealistic view of education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment