Thursday, December 6, 2018

Quick Stupid Mail

I have had a very long two days so I'm really not interested in getting into a brawl on something I've said at least fifty times in response to the self-righteous, pseudo-morally indignant accusation that I fail to believe in "evolution" except in general.

A. You don't seem to know what the word "evolution" means or you'd know from reading the things you claim to have read BECAUSE IT'S CLEAR THROUGHOUT ALL OF THEM THAT I BELIEVE EVOLUTION IS ABOUT AS CLOSE TO A FACT AS YOU'RE GOING TO GET IN A RETROSPECTIVE SCIENCE OF THAT KIND. 

B.  What I'm not, anymore, only skeptical of but a complete apostate on is the collection of theories called "natural selection" all of which claim to be the true vessell of the pure thought of Charles Darwin.  Like that very early, perhaps the earliest apostate on the issue of natural selection,  St. George Mivart, the more I have learned about it the more skeptical I am of it. 

C.  I have come to believe that, generally and with a few exceptions, those sciences touching on evolution or hoping to ride on its coat tails are the most ideologically polluted, the most cliquish, the most clannish and some of the most dishonest of all the sciences, perhaps only rivaled by cosmology and science done for profit. I know that last one covers a lot of ground but they generally avoid ideology, there's no profit in it.

D.  Why don't you really say what's eatin' you Bunky, you see that as an attack on the atheism you really care about, in that you've got a lot of company in real science, lots of them are atheist-sci-ranger boys at heart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment