Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Stupid Mail - Leaving The Home Of The Old Folks At Home Behind With 2018

It being the last day of 2018, maybe it's getting into the swing of things to take the plunge in a way that is irrevocable.  

Eschaton, a blog where the geezers who couldn't handle the challenge of learning how to use Twitter gather.  Even a lot of the stupider, younger regulars left it for newer forms of social media, "Trademark Dave," never goes there, or so I understand.   What they say there is of limited unimportance to a very limited audience of lazy, bored, unchanging old folks for whom it is always 1965 or, among the younger geezers, something like 1983.  

It's not important.  Changing minds, changing thinking is the only thing that makes media important, changing minds and thinking was supposed to be why, when blogging was young, it was alleged to be important.   Well,  as Anne Sexton described being stuck in a bad frame of mind,  "there are no prayers here, here there is no change."   Their house ideology, scientistic, materialist, atheism, leads to stasis, not change.  It is low on producing any motivation other than self-satisfied conceit.  It occurred to me while I was listening to the people coming out of Evangelical religion at The Bible for Normal People, they changed radically for the better, secular lefties don't.   They don't even learn from decades of futility, doing the same thing over and over again. 

I would bet the number of people who have ever had their minds changed by what is said at Eschaton might not have reached a hundred in its entire duration.   Being one of those people who can point to how they were changed by it, I can say that when it changed my mind about things, I left.  It only taught me what was wrong with the left, not what to do to change that.  

If I make the public resolution never to mention it again I'll be too embarrassed to give into any temptation to be pulled back in, so here goes.  This is the last time I will mention Eschaton or Simps, Tlaz, Thunder Boy, JR, Skeptic Tank, or the Baby Blue blog. . .   

I already feel cleaner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment