Sunday, January 11, 2015

Whines and The Whining Whiners Who Whine Them: Some, Not All, Comment Policy

1. All of the comments posted to my blogs go into moderation because there is often content in them I will not post and help to spread.

2. Foremost of those is invective against other people who a. post comments on my blogs, b. are other people who the commentator might lie about.  I won't use the fiction of legal inculpability as an excuse to allow my blogs to be used to spread lies. 

3. If your comment contains either of those or anything I think might be those, it will not be posted, though I may choose to respond to content in the comment.  I generally won't post the partial comment because the charges of "quote mining" "cherry picking", etc will, in my experience, follow the posting of an edited comment.

4. I am not obligated to post invective against me.  Though if I think I can use it, I will, as suits my purpose.  You don't like that, don't supply me with it. 

5.  Mistakes may be made.   I'm not the infallible Strunk and White,  after all.   OK, that last part was snark. 

6. If you're so ignorant as to not understand what "comment moderation" means, you shouldn't complain when your comments go into moderation, you should look up the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment