The weather and what it's done to my neuralgia is forcing me to take another day off so I thought I'd post this interesting documentary from the Scottish BBC. It confirms a lot of stuff that I got trolled over for saying it here years ago, the revival of the KKK having its origin in the American-fascist movie Birth of a Nation and the role of the melodramatic pseudo-medieval romances of Walter Scott, as Mark Twain noted, it played a decisive role in talking Southerners into mounting the Civil War. There's nothing that gets mid-brow, college-credentialed guys and gals of my generation into a lather more than when you diss their shows. I'm sure these days hardly anyone reads the dead tree stuff but watch the movies, instead. Though these day's the fascists are more likely fans of Tolkien's crap than the moldy oldies. I keep pointing out that entertainment is far more dangerous than the news because a. more suckers take in the shows, b. that's especially true of the "low information" voters of the kind who make up the backbone of our indigenous fascist class - and these days a lot of them have college credentials and are multi-millionaires and billionaires.
No comments:
Post a Comment